Tim Cook finally acknowledged one of the most poorly kept secrets in the tech industry: Apple is working to develop self-driving car technology.
Cook’s comments clarified that Apple is working on something in the autonomous space — but that’s it. He gave no more details about the project than what we could infer from the evidence that has been mounting since late last year through document leaks about the “Apple Autonomous System,” regulatory filings, and a reported sighting of a Lexus SUV toting self-driving sensors driving near the company’s offices in California.
Self-driving car development is one of the hottest trends in both the automotive and tech industries. The biggest companies in the world are busy launching projects, announcing partnerships, and spending massive amounts of money to develop the first viable autonomous platform. Apple was one of the last major names without any public skin in the game, so its official entry, no matter how ambiguous, is a big deal. Read more…
More about Apple, Tim Cook, Apple Car, Autonomous Vehicles, and Self Driving Cars
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- April 22, 2017New documents provide a glimpse into Apple’s self-driving car program Apple's secretive self-driving car project just got a little less mysterious.
The Cupertino-based company was granted a permit by the California DMV to test cars on public roads in […]
- February 24, 2017Bose’s Electromagnetic Car Suspension Offers Unbelievably Smooth Ride, Here’s Another Look
By using powerful electromagnetic struts, the Bose car suspension system could instantly extend or retract any one wheel, with all four corners working in concert to keep the vehicle's […]
- January 10, 2017Will Apple deliver AR glasses in 2017? Apple will do something with Augmented Reality.
That’s not rumor or innuendo. Apple CEO Tim Cook repeatedly expressed his strong interest in the technology over the more isolating […]
- January 31, 2017So much for peak iPhone: Apple’s smartphone just had its best quarter yet Apple can sell iPhones and make a lot of money doing it.
SEE ALSO: We might be saying goodbye to the iPhone's home button
Crazy thought, as you look at your iPhone or the iPhones […]
- October 18, 2017Trump’s tweets just might forever prevent his ‘Muslim travel ban’ Perhaps no politician is as compelled to cram his foot into his own mouth as President Donald Trump.
Two judges recently issued temporary blocks of the White House's third attempt […]
- October 18, 2017Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs will build a futuristic tech world in Toronto Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs will develop a futuristic, billion-dollar community along a sizable swathe of Toronto's waterfront.
On Wednesday, the City of Toronto and Sidewalk Labs […]