Zunum Aero, the Boeing and JetBlue-backed hybrid-electric aviation startup, just set a delivery date for its first next-gen airplanes: 2022.
The company released the design specs for its debut 12-seat production aircraft, its first major announcement since emerging from stealth mode back in April with big plans to revolutionize the aviation industry.
The company introduced the hybrid-electric planes with a strategy to cut down today’s frustratingly long flight times and expensive ticket costs by focusing on short routes between the US’s underutilized system of small regional airports. Zunum claims that its smaller, more fuel efficient crafts could make regional travel much more feasible than today’s gas-guzzlers tied to the major airport system. Read more…
More about Aviation, Boeing, Electric Vehicles, Hybrid, and Zunum
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- September 29, 2017Passenger Drone is a futuristic aircraft that has actually flown with passengers IRL We've seen multiple flying car self-flying electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) concepts lately, as short air travel has been tabbed as a next-gen solution for urban […]
- February 2, 2017Smartphone-Controlled Air Pack Drone Lets You Send Deliveries at the Push of a Button
Amazon Prime Air may be great for occasional deliveries, but what if you just need to send a car key or wallet back to someone close by? Introducing the Air Pack. The drone is equipped […]
- October 28, 2016The technology that saved Mike Pence’s plane from disaster It was likely a combination of technological innovation and government regulation that prevented the chartered Boeing 737-700 carrying Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence and […]
- October 14, 2016India is still not keen to allow in-flight Wi-Fi Air travelers in India will have to make do with no Wi-Fi connectivity on planes for now as the government continues to have security concerns.
SEE ALSO: Wi-Fi passwords from […]
- May 13, 2017Trump wants aircraft carriers to stop using ‘the digital’ The digital, it is bad.
President Donald Trump recently revealed he wants Navy aircraft carriers to go back to steam-powered catapult systems, according to a Time interview […]
- February 21, 2017This real-time pollution map will enlighten you on your city’s air quality
Air pollution isn't always visible, but it's definitely real.
To help us gain a better understanding of air quality around the world, BreezoMeter, an air quality analytics provider, […]