Like so many students, the very first laptop I had was a MacBook (the plastic one, not the new 2-pounder). I bought it in the summer of 2007 after finishing my first year of college, and it lasted until I graduated.
I loved the machine even though it weighed a hefty five pounds and was an inch thick. It’s a tank by today’s thin and light laptop standards, but you have to remember something: Back then, a one-inch thick machine was the definition of thin.
Steve Jobs wouldn’t famously pull the MacBook Air out of a manila envelope until a year later, and the laptop wouldn’t go on to become the most popular laptop until 2010 when it got a redesign with more ports. Read more…
More about Tech, Microsoft, Reviews, Surface, and Windows 10
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- October 28, 2016The MacBook dilemma: Pay more, or get an old machine At its MacBook-centric event Thursday, Apple announced very few in-house devices: essentially, just three new MacBook Pros, 13- and 15-inch models with a Touch Bar — the laptops' […]
- May 3, 2017This massive 42.5-inch monitor can display 4 inputs at once If you love your multi-monitor setup, LG's got a great new device for you.
As reported by AnandTech, a new press release on LG's Japan website shows a massive new monitor that can support […]
- March 22, 2017Meet Milo Ventimiglia, your new favorite Apple fanboy *swoon* Wait a minute — was Apple cool before the scruffy and talented dreamboat Milo Ventimiglia tweeted about it being cool? I mean, I think it was but I honestly can't even remember […]
- October 31, 2016Apple ditches iconic startup sound on new MacBook Pro That familiar and, dare I say, invigorating chime that signals the startup of your Mac computer is officially dead, at least on the new MacBook Pro.
SEE ALSO: MacBook Pro hands-on: […]
- December 24, 2016Apple responds to damning MacBook Pro battery test The dark cloud hovering over the MacBook Pro since its release grew larger earlier this week when Consumer Reports delivered a stinging report claiming that the laptop's battery life was […]
- November 4, 2016Apple slashes prices on USB-C accessories in response to criticism Apple heard you, MacBook Pro customers.
Less than a week after unveiling a series of legacy-port-free MacBook Pro laptops, Apple announced that it is temporarily lowering the price of […]