Oculus finally figured out how to get consumers excited about virtually reality: It just had to take a little bit of advice from the late Steve Jobs.
The company introduced its first standalone virtual reality headset, the Oculus Go, during its developers conference on Wednesday, pricing it at $199.
Jobs, the founder and former CEO of Apple, identified $199 as the “magic” price for consumers back in 2005 with the iPod Mini and continued it in 2008 with the introduction of the iPhone 3GS (yes, I know, that’s not counting subsidies).
More about Facebook, Virtual Reality, Oculus, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Vr
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- March 16, 2017Yes, mobile VR is possible without strapping a smartphone to your face No, I don't like strapping a smartphone to my face to enjoy virtual reality. And I don't blame you if you don't want to either.
But if you look at the reported sales numbers for […]
- August 5, 2017A perfect hack if Apple’s earphones don’t fit your ears Just to let you know, if you buy something featured here, Mashable might earn an affiliate commission.
Last year, Apple put out an iPhone without a headphone jack — the first volley […]
- April 19, 2017Facebook’s first social VR app is cool — but there’s a problem Facebook just took a big step forward in its bid to make virtual reality more social.
The company released Facebook Spaces at its F8 developer conference Tuesday, a new app for Oculus […]
- December 31, 2016This VR device promises to make both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive wireless
The virtual reality smorgasbord set to hit CES is just a few days away, but standout companies are already popping up, including one with a unique HMD solution.
Atlanta-based KwikVR […]
- September 1, 2016Alcatel’s Vision VR headset doesn’t need a phone BERLIN — Virtual reality headsets these days fall in roughly two categories. There are those tethered to a computer, aimed mostly at gamers, like the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, […]
- December 31, 20165 VR safety tips to stop you from destroying your home The new year may be upon us, but many of you are probably still playing with your holiday gifts, one of the most popular of which appears to be VR headsets.
But if you take a look […]