The Essential Phone, an upcoming Android smartphone conceived by Android creator Andy Rubin, will be available with only one major carrier in the U.S. — Sprint.
This doesn’t mean you absolutely must switch to Sprint if you want one. The phone will be available unlocked from the Essential website, and will work with all major U.S. carriers. But if you want a carrier-locked variant, Sprint will be the way to go.
The news comes via USA Today, who’s gotten a statement from Essential President Niccolo de Masi. “We like to bet with where we think the market is going as opposed to where the market was. I feel like we are a new brand and a new consumer electronics company and we are partnering with the network of the future,” he told the outlet. Read more…
More about Essential, Andy Rubin, Essential Phone, Tech, and Consumer Tech
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- February 25, 2017Kim Kardashian would love the BlackBerry KEYone It's no secret Kim Kardashian West loves her BlackBerry and nearly lost her goddamn mind last year when her last BlackBerry Bold died and she couldn't find any more on eBay.
Well, Kim, I […]
- October 5, 2016Xiaomi cashes in on India’s festive season, sells over 500,000 smartphones in 3 days After two years of its stay in India, Xiaomi has learned a thing or two about the country’s festive season.
The Chinese company sold over 500,000 smartphones in India between […]
- September 20, 2016Note7 owners: Samsung is forcing a software update to limit your battery If you're still holding onto your original Samsung Galaxy Note7, otherwise known as a potential fire hazard, that smartphone is about to become semi-useless.
On Sept. 5, Samsung […]
- February 16, 2017Sprint now has the cheapest unlimited plan, but its 4G LTE network is the worst Verizon and T-Mobile aren't the only U.S. mobile networks with new "unlimited" data plans trying to win your hard-earned money.
Sprint, the fourth largest carrier in America, announced on […]
- December 11, 20167 can’t-miss apps: Party with a Local, ‘Blocky XMAS’ and more With all the excitement about the upcoming release of the Nintendo Switch, you may have missed some of this week's best new apps.
Each weekend, we round up a few of our favorite new and […]
- June 22, 2017This app allows you to try on lipsticks from every brand you’ve ever had your eye on Who needs to try on lipstick IRL when you can do it without leaving your room?
You might remember Meitu, the selfie-editing app that brought you some of these amazing […]