Adding an extra layer of security to your online accounts is a fundamental step to protect your digital life from hackers, but what’s the point if the new methods are just as vulnerable as the old ones?
It’s a question some Twitter users are asking after discovering that the two-factor authentication on their accounts isn’t as secure as it seems.
But let’s back up for a second. No matter who you are, having your Twitter hacked would be a major bummer. In the case of political figures like Donald Trump, however, a hijacked account means more than just a headache — think of the havoc a fake policy pronouncement could wreak? Read more…
More about Twitter, Cybersecurity, Hackers, Hacking, and Sms
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- March 16, 2017Hit Trump where it hurts (his Twitter account) Even if you don't follow Donald Trump online, these digital activists have a way for you to block the president on his favorite platform.
Yup, that would be Twitter — the […]
- June 7, 2017The leaked NSA report shows 2-factor authentication has a critical weakness: You So you've created a strong password, kept an eye out for sketchy links, and enabled two-factor authentication — what could possibly go wrong?
Well, it turns out the answer is […]
- May 25, 201710 apps Donald Trump should download instead of Twitter (like, right now) Donald Trump's using his iPhone wrong.
The President reportedly (finally!) has an iPhone. And yet, he's only installed a single, solitary app on it: Twitter.
SEE ALSO: Twitter […]
- April 9, 2017Definitely-not-Russian hackers just so happen to slam Trump after he bombs a Russian ally Back in August, when Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were still fighting for the presidency, a hacking group called the Shadow Brokers released secret NSA hacking tools.
At the […]
- March 28, 2017Donald Trump is now your last hope for the most basic internet privacy rules Go ahead and assume that everything you do online is being tracked and sold without your knowledge.
The House voted 215-205 on Tuesday in favor of erasing a rule that would prevent […]
- June 16, 2017Watching people retweet Trump in real time is both mesmerizing and depressing One hundred and sixty-two thousand retweets. Two hundred and eighty-nine thousand likes. Donald Trump's tweets routinely garner engagement on such a scale that it's hard to really […]