One hundred and sixty-two thousand retweets. Two hundred and eighty-nine thousand likes. Donald Trump’s tweets routinely garner engagement on such a scale that it’s hard to really understand what any of those numbers actually mean.
That just changed.
A new Twitter feature, announced in a June 15 blog post, displays retweets and likes in real time as they come in — and oh boy is it both simultaneously totally captivating and super depressing.
Here’s the deal: When clicking on a tweet in the past, users were shown the number of retweets, comments, and likes the tweet had at that specific time. Wanted to check if the count grew? If you were on a smartphone, you’d have had to navigate out of the tweet and tap back in. Basically, you had to refresh the tweet to see any growth. Read more…
More about Twitter, Silicon Valley, Donald Trump, Social Media, and Tweets
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- March 16, 2017Hit Trump where it hurts (his Twitter account) Even if you don't follow Donald Trump online, these digital activists have a way for you to block the president on his favorite platform.
Yup, that would be Twitter — the […]
- January 20, 2017Trump has officially taken over the @POTUS account Donald Trump's new Twitter handle might be an even bigger deal than his swearing-in for the Twitter-obsessed president.
Barack Obama had been tweeting from the @POTUS handle for the past […]
- May 25, 201710 apps Donald Trump should download instead of Twitter (like, right now) Donald Trump's using his iPhone wrong.
The President reportedly (finally!) has an iPhone. And yet, he's only installed a single, solitary app on it: Twitter.
SEE ALSO: Twitter […]
- February 17, 2017How Donald Trump’s own tweets could be his undoing On Dec. 7, 2015, Donald Trump sent a tweet that now feels darkly foreboding. It was titled a "Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration" and attached was a link to a radical, nearly […]
- March 9, 2017Congress doesn’t like Trump’s deleted tweets (and it’s not because of the typos) If there's one thing that's predictable about President Donald Trump's tweets, it's that he'll eventually commit a few typos. But it's what happens after these typos that has one […]
- March 28, 2017Donald Trump is now your last hope for the most basic internet privacy rules Go ahead and assume that everything you do online is being tracked and sold without your knowledge.
The House voted 215-205 on Tuesday in favor of erasing a rule that would prevent […]