One hundred and sixty-two thousand retweets. Two hundred and eighty-nine thousand likes. Donald Trump’s tweets routinely garner engagement on such a scale that it’s hard to really understand what any of those numbers actually mean.
That just changed.
A new Twitter feature, announced in a June 15 blog post, displays retweets and likes in real time as they come in — and oh boy is it both simultaneously totally captivating and super depressing.
Here’s the deal: When clicking on a tweet in the past, users were shown the number of retweets, comments, and likes the tweet had at that specific time. Wanted to check if the count grew? If you were on a smartphone, you’d have had to navigate out of the tweet and tap back in. Basically, you had to refresh the tweet to see any growth. Read more…
More about Twitter, Silicon Valley, Donald Trump, Social Media, and Tweets
Click Here For Original Source Of The Article
- January 20, 2017Trump has officially taken over the @POTUS account Donald Trump's new Twitter handle might be an even bigger deal than his swearing-in for the Twitter-obsessed president.
Barack Obama had been tweeting from the @POTUS handle for the past […]
- March 16, 2017Hit Trump where it hurts (his Twitter account) Even if you don't follow Donald Trump online, these digital activists have a way for you to block the president on his favorite platform.
Yup, that would be Twitter — the […]
- July 27, 2017Nobody is joining Twitter, so let’s just blame Trump Twitter may be President Donald Trump's favorite tool, but for the average person, its appeal has apparently become a bit lackluster.
In three months, Twitter's growth has remained […]
- May 25, 201710 apps Donald Trump should download instead of Twitter (like, right now) Donald Trump's using his iPhone wrong.
The President reportedly (finally!) has an iPhone. And yet, he's only installed a single, solitary app on it: Twitter.
SEE ALSO: Twitter […]
- August 12, 2017Learn the way of the Samurai with this keychain knife Just to let you know, if you buy something featured here, Mashable might earn an affiliate commission.
If you like the idea of having a Samurai sword, but you’re not really ready to […]
- May 13, 2017Trump wants aircraft carriers to stop using ‘the digital’ The digital, it is bad.
President Donald Trump recently revealed he wants Navy aircraft carriers to go back to steam-powered catapult systems, according to a Time interview […]